Re: Is there a reason _not_ to vacuum continuously? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Is there a reason _not_ to vacuum continuously?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Matt,

> I understand this needs an exclusive lock on the whole table, which is
> simply not possible more than once a month, if that...  Workarounds/hack
> suggestions are more than welcome :-)

Would it be reasonable to use partial indexes on the table?

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco