Re: pg_dump/all doesn't output database ACLs (v7.3.4) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ben Grimm
Subject Re: pg_dump/all doesn't output database ACLs (v7.3.4)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 04 Sep 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Ben Grimm <ben@zaeon.com> writes:
> > I haven't tried the 7.4 beta, so it may be fixed there - but in
> > 7.3.4, pg_dumpall doesn't output global database ACL's.
>
> This is fixed for 7.4.

Is there a patch to backport this to the 7.3 series?  Without it there
is no reliable way to backup a database with more complicated permissions.

I'm sure I'd just muddle through with a sed script to insert the grants
at the right place should the need arise.  But likewise - with the other
bug I reported - pg_dump is generating sql that can't be executed because
the users don't have permissions.  The resulting SQL just won't work as
is... and without intervention users can't restore/upgrade databases that
have these types of permissions.