Re: No suitable driver - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Paul Thomas
Subject Re: No suitable driver
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 05/09/2003 08:48 Jean-Michel Zigna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to connect to a 7.1.3 postgres instance on a redhat 7.3
> server from a web application deployed with Jbuilder (using Java 1.4). I
> have downloaded pg73jdbc3.jar (compatible with Java 1.4) but I have
> still an exception when connecting : no suitable driver.
>
> What's wrong whith this configuration ?

You web container can't find the driver. I have absolutely no idea where
you would put it in Jbuilder (I downloaded a free copy but I've never
bothered to try it) but if you were using Tomcat I would suggest that you
place or symlink the driver in its common/lib directory.

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |