Re: French translation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera Munoz
Subject Re: French translation
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 02:01:18PM +0200, Diogo Biazus wrote:
> Francois Suter wrote:
>
> >Unfortunately we are not *that* well organized. We're using mostly
> >simple text editors for working with both SGML and PO files and
> >haven't yet really given any thought about keeping the translation up
> >to date.

> In the brazilian project we're using only text editors and working on
> the SGML files.
> When we updated the docs from version 7.2 to 7.3 we checked the changes
> manually, but we had only the reference guide translated at that time. I
> still don't know how we're gonna make it for the 7.3 -> 7.4 update.
> Does anyone knows some other way?

Nope.  Maybe it's time to start investigating the KDE way.

http://i18n.kde.org/translation-howto/doc-translation.html

I don't have much time ATM though; will look into this later if no one comes
to doing it.  Looks like a migration to XML DocBook will be needed...

"Cuando miro a alguien, mas me atrae como cambia que quien es" (J. Binoche)