Re: Suggested patch to plpgsql docs (7.4beta) - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Suggested patch to plpgsql docs (7.4beta)
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thursday 04 September 2003 04:32, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I figured everyone would assume that.  I know of no language that will
> > execute a loop listed as 10 ... 1.

I did assume that, then my paranoia kicked in suggesting it might be
constructing a list of values and stepping through them. The only reason I
could think it should behave like a while loop is that, well, all the others
do.

> Fortran N for N < something-or-other.  I think Richard is betraying
> his age ;-)

And how DARE you Tom - I clearly meant DotJavaWebSysNet or something trendy
like that and not some crufty version of BASIC from my 6502 days....;-)

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd