Re: "make" in postgresql windows install fails - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From venkat j
Subject Re: "make" in postgresql windows install fails
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi Jason,
thx for ur suggestion.
But is there a "working" version that i can use without all these "make" and "make install" and stuff like that?
if there is one version, where can i download that? Im unable to access the ftp link thats given in the message..
Thanks in advance.

cheers

Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 01:48:22AM -0700, venkat j wrote:
> Im trying to install Postgresql 7.3.4 on WindowsNT using
> Cygwin/cygipc. I already have installed cygipc in a different
> directory.

Did you install cygipc in /usr/local?

> [snip]
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated...

If you are having troubles building PostgreSQL, why not just use the
pre-built version that is part of the standard Cygwin distribution?

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2003-08/msg00001.html

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6