Re: Bumping block size to 16K on FreeBSD... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Bumping block size to 16K on FreeBSD...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 12:06:59AM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> The thing is ... there has been presented a strong, valid reason for
> moving to 16k (at least under FreeBSD) ... and there has been a valid

It sounds to me, actually, like there is a strong reason for telling
people running FreeBSD, "Hey, you can get this big speedup at the
possible expense of compatibility by compiling with changes XYZ."
But quietly putting that into packages for distribution strikes me as
the sort of support headache that one really doesn't want.

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110