Re: Hardware recommendations to scale to silly load - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Hardware recommendations to scale to silly load
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 12:05:03AM -0700, William Yu wrote:
> We should see a boost when we move to 64-bit Linux and hopefully another
> one when NUMA for Linux is production-stable.

According to the people who've worked with SGIs, NUMA actually seems
to make things worse.  It has something to do with how the shared
memory is handled.  You'll want to dig through the -general or
-hackers archives from somewhere between 9 and 14 months ago, IIRC.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110