Re: tsearch: how to get a list of stopwords? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joerg Erdmenger
Subject Re: tsearch: how to get a list of stopwords?
Date
List pgsql-general
hi

> > me again. How do I find the stopwords that tsearch uses in its standard
> > configuration? I've looked at contrib/tsearch/dict/porter_english.dct and
> > get a feeling it's somewhere in there but I can't decipher it. Any
> > suggestions?
>
> You're right. They're encoded in engstoptree :)
> I suggest you not bother with old tsearch and look to tsearch2 version
> which is much improved both in performance and flexibility.
> http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/

well, I would like but I've got to get it to work on a production server; I
will try to get the admins to install it but I guess it will take some time -
meanwhile - is there anyway to get to the list of stopwords so that I can
build a filter for those as a temporary workaround?

thanks

Joerg