Re: The ..... worm - Mailing list pgsql-general

From expect
Subject Re: The ..... worm
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:35:17 -0500
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 15:49:26 -0700,
>   expect <expect@ihubbell.com> wrote:
> >
> > Why does this list even use real addresses?  Why not have From and To the same?
> > i.e. pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> >
> > Is it a social issue or technical? I'd be surprised if it was the latter.
>
> As you have been told previously, not everyone who posts to these lists
> are on the lists and their address is needed to get replies.

Really?  I don't remember anyone pointing that out.
Anyway it's a social issue then...it's unfortunate.  Since signing on to the
list my inbox is looking a lot worse than I've ever seen it.

Other lists I subscribe to do not suffer from the spam plague in the way this
list does.  I wish I'd known that before signing on rather than after.
<shrug>