Re: Linux ready for high-volume databases? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Linux ready for high-volume databases?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 12:21:53PM -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:

> GS> Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com> writes:

> GS> Oh, it's a really small database. That helps a lot with the backup
> GS> problems of 24x7 operation. Still I would be interested.
>
> Well, perhaps, but it is big enough and pounded on enough
> (read/insert/update very often) that it saturates the disk.  I have
> memory to spare according to the system stats.

Well, was it really a 27 MB database, or it was a typo and you meant 27
GB?  The latter doesn't fit in my "really small database" category...

"Nunca confiaré en un traidor.  Ni siquiera si el traidor lo he creado yo"
(Barón Vladimir Harkonnen)