Re: The ..... worm - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Thomas
Subject Re: The ..... worm
Date
List pgsql-general
On 22/08/2003 22:18 Dennis Gearon wrote:
> <OT about the worm>
> Jeessh, a lot of people have my email address.
>
> I have received about 500 copies of the worm in the last 24 hours. My
> mail spool at work was sooooo full I couldn't get out or relay or
> anything. The wierd part is that it's my work address, and I'm
> subscribed to almost all my lists through the address above or my
> previous home address. YEARS ago I was using the work address for lists,
> but not for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
> </OT about the worm>

Asuming you mean Sobig-9...

 From what I've read, the US seems to have suffered the major hit with
this email virus although it it must be spreading to the UK today as it's
now officially news over here.

I had about 5 or 6 copies sent on Tuesday but nothing since. I used to be
paranoid but now I know everybody hates me :)

OTOH, the Blaster worm seems to be doing a positive social service as I've
noticed a massive drop in Code Red "get default.ida.." requests to the web
server on my DSL line.

--
Paul Thomas
Business |