Re: [GENERAL] [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres not MySQL" bullet list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: [GENERAL] [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres not MySQL" bullet list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 21 August 2003 21:30, Manfred Koizar wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:05:52 +0200, I wrote:
> >>Just wondering, what other databases has transactable DDLs?
> >
> >Firebird.
>
> Stop!  I withdraw that statement.  I must have mis-read some feature
> list :-(
>
> Tests with InterBase 6 showed that you can change metadata within a
> transaction, but when you ROLLBACK, metadata changes persist.

Aha. I was just about to ask about that, because I was experimenting
with a 1.5 beta version without success. Doesn't seem to work there
(though as I have little experience and virtually no docs I might
be missing something).

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net