Re: Draft #7: yet more dramatic changes - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: Draft #7: yet more dramatic changes
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> > > PANAMA CITY, PANAMA: SEPTEMBER ##, 2003
> > > FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
> >
> > Pardon the ignorance, but why Panama City?  -sc
>
> That's where the main www.postgresql.org servers are currently
> hosted.  They used to be in Toronto, which was why our press
> releases said "TORONTO, CANADA".

:-/ Got it... I thought you'd just picked some random city after the
comment that Marc/Tom made (that I thought was in jest!) about Marc
flying to Panama to fix the servers: it never occurred to me that
things were actually hosted out of there.  Given the lack of a legal
presence of a person in Panama and the two contacts listed being from
the states, why not use Redwood City?  People's eyes are trained to
look for database/Ora bits when they see Redwood City, Panama and I'd
wager that most people think of drug trafficking.

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden