Mail Hubs (Was: Re: Why the duplicate messages ... ) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Mail Hubs (Was: Re: Why the duplicate messages ... )
Date
List pgsql-general
Nope ... Tom just sent me headers for one of his messages, and based on
it, mail is going through the mail server in <30min ... but there was an
1hr delay from when it went into the queue to send out and when it got
delivered to his server ...

One of the things we've been setting up, thanks to several ISPs out there,
are mail 'hubs' that we pass the mail through ... so far, we have one
handling the .fr domain, one handling the .jp domain, and a couple
handling the .com/.net/.org domains (but, since these are also the
largest, a couple of more would be nice) ...

If anyone is willing to act as such, please contact me ... the only
requirement is that you are well connected (if we timeout to you more
often then connect, it doesn't help much) ... the only change you have to
make on your end is to allow svr1.postgresql.org (64.117.224.193) to relay
through you ...

If you do contact me, please let me also know what TLDs you are willing to
hub for ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org