Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Joe Conway wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Joe Conway wrote:
> >>Given that this is a global project, we should be able to use *any*
> >>city, right? So why not Redwood Shores, CA? ;-)
> >
> > IMHO, the release should be "anchored" where the project is anchored ...
> > that was why, in the past, it was Toronto, Canada (it had nothing to do
> > with PgSQL, Inc, since PgSQL, Inc was never located in Toronto) ...
> >

> Sorry, that was a failed attempt at humor. Redwood Shores, CA, USA is
> where Oracle Corp has its global headquarters.

Ack, sorry ... the only 'geography' that I would have clued into, since
its so often in teh news, would be redmond, virginia ... I'm a Canuck, and
an East Coast one at that, and have enough problems remembering that its
Buffalo, NY, not Boston, that is over by Toronto area *roll eyes*