Re: Error messages --- now that we've got it, do you like - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera Munoz
Subject Re: Error messages --- now that we've got it, do you like
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 10:33:55PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom, you saw this suggestion, right?
>
> I didn't hear anyone else agreeing with it ...

Well, if this needs a vote, I'm for something like maximum/default/minimum
rather than the way it currently is.  Saying "verbosity verbose" or
"verbosity terse" doesn't feel right, while "verbosity maximum" makes
sense, to me anyway.

Thou shalt study thy libraries and strive not to reinvent them without
cause, that thy code may be short and readable and thy days pleasant
and productive. (7th Commandment for C Programmers)