Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Joe Conway wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > WE NEED TO FINISH THIS BY FRIDAY!   We will have to get copies to the
> > translators in time for them to translate, as questions, and correct, so we
> > can't tinker to perfection.
>
> I was wondering about the urgency. This announces the availablility of
> version 7.4, but we don't even have 7.4 *beta* available yet. I'd not
> expect a production 7.4 release until October. Is this intended to go
> out as a beta announcement?

Actually, aim for a production 7.4 for September 1st ... I believe all
beta was waiting on was Tom finishing up his messages changes, which he
just announced being finished, so first beta should be going out later
this week ... from there, it depends on the # of bug reports for the full
release, which could easily be Sept 1st ...