Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Richard Schilling
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
How about using the phrase "Optimized for AMD Opteron".  NOTE: You may
be required to get PostgreSQL to pass a standards test to be able to
claim that, but if the test were done it would be a big selling point.

It would be worthwhile to take a look at some software packaging that
does similar things - like software that's "Optimized for Windows."
It's a marketing tool, so you don't have to get too caught up into the
technical jargon.  You simply tell the customer that "part of the
application takes advantage of the powerful features of the AMD
Opteron."

Not sure what that means in terms of actual code written - anyone have
that information?

Richard Schilling