Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Robert,
>
> > The discussion seemed to be leaning toward contrib rather than gborg,
> > has a decision swung the other way?
>
> I'm arguing for contrib, just for the PR appeal.

For the several reasons presented to me so far, I'm swaying towards
contrib as well ... but, after some discussions on our internal devel list
for erserver, we aren't sure how easy that will be ... we ship with
several pre-built jar files, including ant.jar, so that we don't have to
worry about some issues with changes to those files ... the problem is
ant's license ...

we're still discussing how to get around those issues, hope to have
something by the end of the week ...