Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

> Well, that actually was news, since mysql didn't actually support aix
> when they made that announcement. they also get mileage from trumpeting
> subselects and transactions, should we toss that in as well?

If you're going to be sarcastic, please use smileys.

Our support for Opteron is news.  Nobody did it before three weeks ago, and
nobody announced it to the press since.  We also added a patch to 7.4 so that
it would support Opteron "out-of-the-tarball."

This is a "sexy" featurette that the press will like.   We should make sure
they know about it.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions