Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
People,

> > "If you tried PostgreSQL before, and it wasn't quite fast enough, and you
> > went with Oracle, it's time to re-evaluate," suggests Rod Taylor of
> > InQuent Technologies. "We should be just as fast, if not faster, and
> > we're certainly cheaper."
>
> You might want to change the possesive nature of this quote (WE should
> be....), makes it sound like it's PostgreSQL making the claim, not a
> user/DBA.

OK, then:
"If you tried PostgreSQL before, and it wasn't quite fast enough, and you
went with Oracle, it's time to re-evaluate," suggests Rod Taylor of
InQuent Technologies. "PostgreSQL should be just as fast, if not faster, and
it's certainly cheaper."

Also:   I may have a great quote from a Federal Reserve Bank (woo-hoo); I
waiting on confirmation.

Finally, more new features:

-- A new ranked preference system for the TSearch full text indexing module.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions