Re: Advocacy TODO - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Advocacy TODO
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Here's the beginnings of an advocacy TODO.
>
> When it's shaped up some, I'll post it on the web.  In the meantime, don't
> hesitate to volunteer for anything:
>
> RELEASES:
>     Deadline July 20th:
>         Draft PR announcement for 7.4
>         Prepare target press list for 7.4 announcement.
>         Prepare canned response to "What about Windows & PITR?"

Good idea.

I know PHP Journal is looking for PostgreSQL articles, http://www.php-mag.net/.

>     Postgres Speakers Bureau
>         Select "Toastmaster"
>         Assemble list of speakers, specialties, langauges, and regions.
>         Contact tech conventions.
>         Solicit companies for travel funds.

We certainly need that.  As I hear of events, I try to get people to
attend or attend myself.

The International PHP Conference is looking for PostgreSQL tutorials,
http://www.phpconference.de/2003/cfp_en.php.  The web shows the deadline
as passed, but they are still looking.  They asked me, and I said I
could do it, but I don't know lots about PHP.

I am not going to Comdex because others are already going.  My plan is
to go to the events where I _need_ to go.

> PRESS + PUBLIC RELATIONS
>     Set up and maintain list of "interviewees" available on short notice.
>     Recruit volunteers in several langauges/regions for handling Press e-mails,
>         and responses to articles.
>         (use OOo's "Regional Representative" system?)
>     Create "Press FAQ," and choose maintainer.

Yes, the easier we make it for them, the more press we will get.