Re: Hardware performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Hardware performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 07:57:53AM -0700, Joe Conway wrote:

> As I said, I've never personally found it necessary to move WAL off to a
> different physical drive. What do you think is the best configuration

On our Solaris test boxes (where, alas, we do not have the luxury of
1/2 TB external RAID boxes :-( ), putting WAL on a disk of its own
yielded something like 30% improvement in throughput on high
transaciton volumes.  So it's definitely important in some cases.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110