Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL

From: Shridhar Daithankar
Subject: Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Shridhar Daithankar, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Shridhar Daithankar, )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
  Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Pgsql - Red Hat Linux - VS MySQL VS MSSQL  (Paul Thomas, )

On Monday 14 July 2003 01:21, Balazs Wellisch wrote:
> Unfortunatelly, compiling from source is not really an option for us. We
> use RPMs only to ease the installation and upgrade process. We have over a
> hundred servers to maintaine and having to compile and recompile software
> everytime a new release comes out would be waaaaay too much work.

Use checkinstall. Simple. Google for more information.

Making your own rpms isn't that big deal..:-)