Re: initcap incompatibility issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From nolan@celery.tssi.com
Subject Re: initcap incompatibility issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> As far as I can tell, not capitalizing the first letter after a dash
> is the only inconsistency with Oracle's implementation of this function.

Wrong again.  Oracle also capitalizes the first letter after a comma,
semicolon, colon, period, and both a single and double quote.  (And that's
all I've tested so far.)

So, I guess I need to write a program to test all possible combinations
to see how incompatible the function is.

Making this change will be a larger patch than I had initially anticipated.

That also brings into question whether this is really a bugfix or a
specification change, a question which is relevant since we're in the
feature freeze for 7.4.
--
Mike Nolan