Fwd: [GENERAL] Passing NEW to function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Darko Prenosil
Subject Fwd: [GENERAL] Passing NEW to function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am forwarding this message to HACKERS, because on GENERAL I did not get any
answer. (Sorry for bothering in pre-relase time, I know that you are very
busy.)

Subject: [GENERAL] Passing NEW to function
Date: Friday 04 July 2003 12:56
From: Darko Prenosil <darko.prenosil@finteh.hr>
To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>

Is there a way to pass NEW or OLD from inside of trigger into some function ?
I have situation where "versions" of row calculations are offten changed, soI would like to make "case" with function
callsdepending on version number.If I make case with actual code inside trigger function, it becomes big
andunreadable.

Any ideas ?

Regards, Darko.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster