Re: [wx-dev] Right to Left (RTL) language support - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Aryan Ameri
Subject Re: [wx-dev] Right to Left (RTL) language support
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Tuesday 01 July 2003 13:48, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2003 12:42, Robert Roebling wrote:
> > > pgAdmin3 is compiled against wxGTK 2.5 cvs versin (of 18th June)
> > > with Unicode
> > > and GTK2 bindings. In which extent can wxWindows display RTL
> > > languages?
> >
> > The builtin-widgets (i.e. label, text edit) have full support for
> > all sorts of scripts (including RTL) under GTK2.
> >
> >    Robert
>
> Dear Robert,
>
> Thank you very much for this answer. If the selection of fonts
> automatic? Which fonts are displayed in Arabic and Persian under GTK2
> and Win32?

Nice to see that wxWdinows can work with GTK2. In this case I think
pgAdmin3 and poEdit shouldn't have problems supporting RTL languages
like Farsi and Arabic (at least on Linux).

Jean-Michel, about fonts which support Arabic and Farsi language, we
have developed some fonts which support these languages. You can get
the font set at
http://www.linuxiran.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=6
these fonts work on both Linux and Windows.

alternativly, if you have any of these fonts "newspaper" "clearlyu" or
"Arial Unicode MS", they support Farsi. The first two can usually be
found in major Linux distributions.

Cheers

--
/* This sig has been ROT26 encrypted. Reading it is
unlawful under the terms of the DMCA.*/