Re: slower with the time

From: Shridhar Daithankar
Subject: Re: slower with the time
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

slower with the time  (Juraj Porada, )
 Re: slower with the time  (Shridhar Daithankar, )
 Re: slower with the time  (Juraj Porada, )

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 13:17, Juraj Porada wrote:
> I insert data every second in my table. Every minute I delete from the
> table some row to keep max 10000 rows in the table.
> At the beginning deletes consume about 20% CPU time. After 24 houts
> every delete needs up tu 100% CPU time (updates too).
> Vacuuming doesn't help.
> After I restart postmaster, it works again very quick.
> Any ideas?

Postmaster does not consume CPU for simple things like this unless it does not
have enough shared buffers.

What is your shared buffer setting? Can you tune it according to available
RAM, dataset size and type of workload?

 Shridhar