Re: [BUGS] Problem with duplicate file. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: [BUGS] Problem with duplicate file.
Date
List pgsql-general
[In future, please respond to the list]

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 04:09:42PM +0200, abremond@voila.fr wrote:
> Following your last mail, I remark that the table pg_largeobject is very large (3 files 16404 + 16404.1 + 16404.2).
> I don't understand because, I have deleted many rows with larges Objects (OID),  but my database doesn't decrease.
> And when I apply a vacuumdb full the size of my database doesn't change.
> How I can manage the table pg_largeobject ?
> Because I think that there are many data in the table pg_largeobject, which are not refrenced in my database.
> Thank you for your help.

I have no experience of large-objects. It is possible that you are not
deleting them properly when you delete the references from other tables.
Hopefully someone else on this list can help you.

> "the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
> religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.
> Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
>   - Samuel P. Huntington

Attachment