Re: Manual fixing of plpgsql_call_handler binary location - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adam Haberlach
Subject Re: Manual fixing of plpgsql_call_handler binary location
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 01:25:12AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> >> Nope ... that's what I'd probably do.
>
> > Even better change it to '$libdir/plpgsql.so'.
>
> Good point.  In fact the really preferred spelling (which you'd get from
> a fresh 'createlang' run) is just '$libdir/plpgsql'.  Both the path and
> the shlib extension are better left to the backend to supply than to
> hardwire in.  I'm possibly more aware of this than most folk, since I
> like to use HPUX which spells the shlib extension ".sl" ...
Awesome -- I've questioned to myself the wisdom of having this sort
of thing hardcoded, but it looks like it's already been solved.

Thanks, all...

--
Adam Haberlach         |  "When your product is stolen by thieves, you
adam@mediariffic.com   |  have a police problem.  When it is stolen by