Re: RServ patch to support multiple slaves (sorta) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: RServ patch to support multiple slaves (sorta)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Are you saying that it doesn't matter that it is made more broken? Sorry
> if I disagree... we should be trying to fix it, not the other way
> around.

> If it's so broken, why hasn't it received any improvement?  Is there
> some problem with the underlying design?  I suppose the erServer code is
> at least vaguely based on this, right?

eRServer is to rserv, at this stage, like night is to day ... eRServer is
a single master, multislave replication re-written completely in java to
make use of the threaded/parallel nature of java to eliminate the
deadlocks, and backlogs, that single-threaded presents ...

In fact, the *current* eRServer (which we're currently working on the
documentation for, and will be shipping out soon) now does multi-database
to multi-slave without having to start up several erserver processes,
where before you had to do one server per database ...