Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?
Date
Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Reading the subject, "creepy ... dates", that is exactly how I feel
> about the described current date behavior --- "creepy".
>
> Because I have only seen one person defend our current behavior, and
> many object, I am going to add to TODO:
>
>     * Allow current datestyle to restrict dates;  prevent month/day swapping
>           from making invalid dates valid?
>     * Prevent month/day swapping of ISO dates to make invalid dates valid

I added a question mark to the first item so we can consider it later.
Most agreed on the second item, but a few thought the first one might be
OK as is.