Re: postgreSQL on NAS/SAN? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: postgreSQL on NAS/SAN?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 03:41:45PM +0200, Daniel Seichter wrote:
> I am looking for a hot spare, so if one server crashed, the second will
> "spare" it, because if this database will be down (down is meant for longer
> than 2 hours) more than two other databases will not continue working (they
> could continue working, but without new data, so it will be senseless).

Not sure what you mean. Shall the second machine take over? Since this
should be hot 2 hours is a lot of time. Using a private network you can
detect failures almost immediately.

I do recommend a a local checking like watchdog or mon, so a restart is
tried before the takeover. And I'd make sure the primary machine stays
down.

Has been done before. :-)

Michael
--