Re: Which database part 2 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Which database part 2
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Friday 13 June 2003 20:17, you wrote:
> This is the follow up for my post a few days ago. First I want to thank
> everybody for their great replies. I must admit that I did ask the same
> question in MySQL list and also had many replies. From their perspective
> the only thing that PostgreSQL has and MySQL does not have is more
> features.

Hi Kaarel,

Upon your request, I sent you privately a list of known defects in MySQL. I
can read the same complains on Hackers. But personally, I don't feel like
criticising MySQL as it is free software (at least until now, things may
change in the future).

Now, one question: why do you keep on asking questions about MySQL? Can't you
just download PostgreSQL 7.3.2, pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin 3.0 and make your own
opinion?

Is it because you don't know the SQL language and need a Marketing input?
IMHO, marketing cannot be the answer. At some point, you need to put your
hands in the dirt, which in the case of PostgreSQL will take a day.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE