Re: Re-ordering .CONF params ... questions for this list - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Re-ordering .CONF params ... questions for this list
Date
List pgsql-performance
Nick,

> Without a clear notion of dependencies, and only based on what I think
> people are likely to tweak the most, I'd suggest promoting the "client
> connection defaults", "version/platform compatibility" & "logging/debugging"
> groups to positions 2,3 & 4 respectively.

I like your ideas, but there's two problems with them:

1) I mess around with postgresql.conf constantly, and seldom touch anything in
the "client connection defaults" section.  I do, however, mess with the stuff
in the "resource usage" section, as to most of the people on this list.

2) I just spent 4.5 hours re-arranging the Runtime-config docs page last
night, and am very reluctant to do it again.

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco