psqlODBC and Crossover Office 2.0.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gould
Subject psqlODBC and Crossover Office 2.0.1
Date
List pgsql-general
FYI:  psqlODBC 07.03.0100 appears to work in Linux via
Crossover Office 2.0.1.

I create front-end apps to PostgreSQL using MS Access
for my Windows users; and have been dreaming of doing
all of my development work on one computer.

I downloaded the demo of Codeweavers' Crossover Office
2.0.1 on RedHat 9.0 (with PostgreSQL 7.3.2); and was
able to install the full version of psqlODBC
07.03.0100 for Windows and MS Access 2000. I was able
to make ODBC links from within MS Access to the
PostgreSQL databases; and was successful in
creating/running a crosstab query using 2 joined,
PostgreSQL tables.  This test is not comprehensive by
any means; but I it gives me great hope!

(Now, if they would just make Crossover Office for
FreeBSD!)

Best of luck,

Andrew