FROM ONLY limitation in RICs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From James Pye
Subject FROM ONLY limitation in RICs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Does the SQL(99?) spec specify that referential integrity checks should have the FROM ONLY limitation? I ask
because(afiak;I've googled and such, only found 92 which apparently does not specify anything about inheritance.) I
haveno access to the specs without spending money that needs to go other places..

I have a hierarchy of tables that reference base tables that may never have insertions, but its children do, which of
coursecreates the problem of "broken" referential integrity checks due to FROM ONLY.

Of course I know I can edit the source, but I figured I'd see if this is specified in the spec, and hopefully induce a
changeif it isn't.

Thanks for you time,

James

btw, I'm not on the list(yet, perhaps), so please CC me.