Re: Is there a PS version of the 7.4 docs? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Is there a PS version of the 7.4 docs?
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 23:51:39 +0200,
  Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III writes:
>
> > I haven't had much luck getting building stuff from SGML.
>
> You should show some details if you expect it to get better.

I am pretty sure the problem is on my end. I am running an old RH
distribution (6.1) and have tried to build up to date verions of
some of the stuff needed for this (in particular openjade).

I have gotten postgres' configure to recognize that the stuff needed
to make the doc files is installed. When I try to make the html
version, I end up with the documentation getting displayed on the
screen. I haven't gone to great lengths to figure out exactly what
is happening to cause that. I haven't gotten to the manual steps
in making a PS version yet, since the simpler html version doesn't
build.