Re: [HACKERS] Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Are we losing momentum?
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > Now, not only can we emulate "show tables", but people can easily
> > add application-specific "show whatever" commands, which seems
> > tremendously cool.
>
> We already have that.  They're called views.

Um, I'm interested in aiding in the conversion of users from MySQL to
PostgreSQL (how ever it happens, I don't really care).  Tom and Rod
are interested in an extensible/programmable SHOW syntax (very cool
and much more interesting than the hack I put together).  Views solve
none of the above problems.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden