Re: why Sequencial Scan when selecting on primary key of table? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: why Sequencial Scan when selecting on primary key of table?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 01:45:50PM -0400, Brian Tarbox wrote:
> The primary key field is an integer and I have performed vacuum analyse but
> that does not seem to change anything.

int4?  int8?  int2?  Makes a difference.  Please post the results of
EXPLAIN ANALYSE on the query you're having trouble with, and someone
may be able to help you.  (You'll need to show us the table, too.)

> I've also heard that postgres will not indexes when JOINing tables.  Can
> that really be true??

No.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110