... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Peter Lavender
Subject ...
Date
List pgsql-sql
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Bcc:
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] [SQL] Unanswered Questions WAS: An unresolved performance

* scott.marlowe (scott.marlowe@ihs.com) wrote:

> On Thu, 8 May 2003, johnnnnnn wrote:
>
> > > I hate to point this out, but "TIP 4" is getting a bit old and the 6
>
> Also, some tips might well cross over, like say, vacuum and analyze
> regularly.  Hmmm.  Sounds like a job for a relational database :-)

Did this get carried any further?

I'd love to see something come out of it.  But I'd really like to see more
of the kind of tricks and tips, like how to dump all databases using a
script of 3 lines(?) I'm sure I've seen it before.  The extra lines I
don't think would be a major pain given the added value.

Even if it's too much, how about somewhere on techdocs for the script and
a link in the tips 'n tricks line?

Pete
:wq