Re: Please put 7.3.3 announcement on Advocacy - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Please put 7.3.3 announcement on Advocacy
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

> We've not announced any of the "dot" releases on advocacy before, is
> this going to be a policy change?

Yeah, I noticed that.

OK:  Proposal for Policy Change:

I think we should post the "dot" releases as minor news items on the
advocacy/news page.   The reasons are:

1) we'd only have to do it every 2-3 months, making translations not
difficult.
2) It gives our news page some activity
3) Contrawise, if a reporter finds out about the "dot" release through other
sources, and doesn't see it on the Advocacy page, s/he may assume that
Advocacy is abandoned and stop checking it.
4) Since we don't do a press release for the "dot" releases, a posting to News
seems like "minimum required publicity"

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions