Re: password setting for a user - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: password setting for a user
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Friday 09 May 2003 6:53 am, Mack Stevenson wrote:
> Hi! All
>
> I am a new bie in Linux(8.0) and Postgresql 7.2. I have managed to get
> my postmaster running. I have also created a database and a user for
> myself. But the only thing that is NOT proper is that IT NEVER ASKS ME
> FOR A PASSWORD. I am able to log in without a password!!!!!
>
> I tried to alter the user with PASSWORD option but it just does not
> work.
>
> Any help is appreciated

Look for a pg_hba.conf file this defines Host Based Access settings which
decide whether you trust a particular host, use identd, passwords or some
other method. The file is in your .../data folder with postgresql.conf etc.

--
  Richard Huxton