Re: backup and roll forward recovery - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: backup and roll forward recovery
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 05:11:51PM -0400, Wang, Yuting wrote:
> Hi, there:
>
> I am a new user of PostgreSQL. I am trying find out whether I can do, and if
> so,  how to do a roll forward recovery from a backup. It seems that the 7.3
> release does not provide mechanisms to perform a hot backup, to archive

7.3 does do hot backup (with pg_dump).  But this is a snapshot
backup, and there is no roll forward capability.  It is currently
being worked on, and may be integrated in 7.4, which will go into
feature freeze sometime in the next little while (perhaps before July 1,
to read -hackers lately).

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110