Re: PostgreSQL Qs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Qs
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 16:19:10 -0400,
  Jon Earle <je_pgsql@kronos.honk.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 May 2003, Oliver Elphick wrote:
>
> > I assume he is using Debian stable, which has 7.2.1 (and will have for
> > evermore, dammit!, until the next stable release.)
>
> Yes, that's what I'm using (v7.2.1-2woody2).  Is it worth upgrading?

You should at least upgrade to 7.2.4 as there are important bug fixes.
You won't have to do an initdb to do that upgrade.

You might want to upgrade to 7.3.2 as there are some nice new features,
but you will have to be more careful about the upgrade process to make
sure some of the changes don't cause problems.