Re: Disk usage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jay O'Connor
Subject Re: Disk usage
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2003.05.08 04:12 Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> On 8 May 2003 at 12:41, Daniel Lublin wrote:
>

> > Good day.
> >
> > I am wondering if there is some utility for postgresql, which can
> > display the amount of disk space that a database (and possibly even
> > more finer grained; a table) occupies?
>
> du in $PGDATA coupled with oid2name to figure out what is the object you
> are
> lookng at.
>
> HTH

Thanks, I found that helpful.

One question though is about the transaction log files on the px_log
directory I have two huge files totalling about 30 meg. One thing I'm
working on is figuring out how much disk usage I'll have for our data
compared to what we are using now.  I'm wondering if I should count those
two files and if there is a way of eliminating them if they ever become not
needed

Thanks

Take care,
Jay