Re: initdb failure with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 / Cygwin 1.3.22-1 / - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Fred Yankowski
Subject Re: initdb failure with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 / Cygwin 1.3.22-1 /
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 03:36:56PM -0400, Frank Seesink wrote:
>     Turns out you da man!  I think you may have found the culprit!  You
> see, I had LOGGED OUT as 'Frank', then logged in as 'postgres'.  To test
> my theory, I logged out of 'postgres', logged back in as 'Frank', then
> switched ([WindowKey]-L) out and logged in as 'postgres'.  Sure enough,
> 'ipctest s' failed!

On Win-NT it's possible to use the Cygwin ssh to login as 'postgres'
in a shell window while continuing to run as your normal account
elsewhere, avoiding the disruption of tearing everything down to log
off and back on again.  That ssh approach might work well in your
context too, but I've never tried it in XP.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred@ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc        PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370