Application Development with PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Joanne Formoso
Subject Application Development with PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-novice
I�m really a newbie when it comes to application
development, I used to develop website through PHP and
now I�m undergoing training for application
development�  I hope you can answer some of my
questions.  Me and my colleagues would like to develop
help fix one of the application in the company.  This
application will be shared throughout the company
network.  One of my colleagues suggested the use of
PostgreSQL for some data and use it together with
Delphi or Visual Basic.  In general there any
advantage in using Delphi / VB than using ordinary
PHP�particularly with speed and reliability issues?
For those who will take time to answer this simple
question�thank you very much.  :-)

Regards,
Joanne Formoso