Re: Compiling cvs code with Cygwin problems - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Compiling cvs code with Cygwin problems
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Francisco,

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 08:41:08AM -0300, Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:
>  --- Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net> escreveu:
> > PostgreSQL CVS no longer builds cleanly under Cygwin -- although, it
> > does so under Linux (no surprise). :,)  My plate is full right now.
> > So, if anyone would like to help fix the Cygwin build, it would be
> > much appreciated...
>
> :(

Actually, I found (i.e., made) some time.  It wasn't too bad, so I'm
almost done.  There are only two issues left:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-04/msg00981.php

> > I used the following workaround instead:
> >
> >     touch src/include/port/win32defs.h
>
> Much better approach!

Not really, but this one has been resolved.

> > It's just a WAG, but the above smells like missing DLLIMPORTs...
>
> Uhmmmmm. Sorry for my ignorance, but what does WAG stand for?

See the following:

    http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=wag&Find=Find

> You are welcome. I'd like you know I could compile 7.4 from a snapshot
> from ftp;postgresql.org in the dev dir. I still got the ecpg problem,
> but it didn't have the win32defs.h neither the bison problem.  I
> created a database and could send some queries from psql :)

Thanks for the status report.

> Thanks for attention Jason!

You are very welcome.

Jason